This post is sponsored by General Mills, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
The same day that we bought a lawn mower this week, we found that Devin will also need a surgery very soon. Wah wah wahhhh! So, I declared an eating out fast for our family. Devin and I have been having a hard time packing our lunches
since we got married here lately and we’ve been looking for options that are healthier and cheaper than eating out. Also, I’m realizing I could afford to buy clothing that I really love if I stopped eating food out that I also really love. WHY IS BEING AN ADULT SO HARD?!
Unless we are invited out on dates, we plan on making all of our lunches and dinners for work and grad school for the next month. I have a lunch with friends from church planned tomorrow, but I plan on keeping things to a minimum bar starving.
Starting on Monday, September 21st, I’ll be collecting any restaurant receipts I have and posting them on my blog on October 21st.
Something we have been talking a lot about is making salad wraps because we need more fruits and veggies in our lives, but we also want to make sure we aren’t starving before our next meal time is available. After eating this tonight, I have a feeling this might be one of the lunches I am packing!
- 1 box of Harvest Grain Suddenly Grain Salad
- 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 bag of mixed baby spinach and greens
- 1 bag of Spinach tortilla wraps
- Cook the Harvest Grain Suddenly Grain Salad according to directions.
- Create the vinaigrette and mix it with the other pre-packaged ingredients in the Suddenly Grain salad. Mix them in a large bowl.
- Add the spinach and greens and shredded chicken into the large bowl with the Suddenly Grain salad mix.
- Place the mix into the wraps.
- Roll up the wraps and enjoy!
- Suddenly Grains Salad tip: you're not supposed to cut the bag that is holding the grains, but if you accidentally do, it has directions on how to cook it if you did.