This is month number 1 of the #KeepingTheGood linkup. Since January 2013, I have been keeping a gratitude journal. In an effort to make social media (and life) more positive, I created this collaborative space for us to share the beautiful lessons and experiences we have as a community.
I believe in stories and I believe in working daily to see the good, and when I fail at this, I believe in pressing the reset button and working on re-writing my day. On this blog, I share my own story and the good I see in it, but in the future other community members will be sharing their life experiences and how it made them have more gratitude in their life and see more good.
I am happy you are here!
- Being able to write about my childhood state of Kentucky
- Visiting Miami, Florida and seeing the ocean…so warm!!
- Finding the most beautiful leaf in Florida
- Meeting my penpal since the 7th grade (more on this later)
- Being introduced to doge memes
- Participating in some of the Blogtember challenge posts
- Surviving the first few weeks of teaching + semester
- Writing a letter to 16 year old me and thinking about how many changes I’ve seen
- The beauty that comes from taking a break
- Celebrating some of my finished 101 in 1001 items
- Sharing one of my favorite crock pot dip recipes!
- Turning 27 years old!
- A miraculous drive home in normally hectic Atlanta traffic
- Getting the guts up to start my first linkup and announcing it!
- Kentucky + trees = one of my favorite finds on facebook
- My husband being able to get into a Doctor quickly for his upcoming surgery
- Announcing my restaurant fast and a need to be more creative with cooking
- Getting to help out with cute kids at church
- Thinking of traditions I started in my undergrad and keeping them for my grad program
- Friends that share their culture + food with me
- Being able to volunteer collecting cans for my birthday Saturday
- Seeing friends achieve goals for themselves like pregnancy and buying their first homes
- Allowing myself to press the reset button on not so good days
- Successfully having taught my class for a month
- Being able to appreciate the beauty I see in the city
- Getting a fabulous new haircut for CHEAP
- Finding the best view of the visible Atlanta cityscape in my department
Watchingtalking through football and playing ping pong
- Welcoming fall in ALL her glory!
- Surviving a classroom observation
…. and having my first linkup with you!
Beginning on September 30th, the last day of this month, I am hosting a linkup on my blog HERE. I would love for you to share a post expresses anything happy that you’ve experienced throughout the month, a lesson you experienced where you learned something, or a gratitude journal like I have done here. I will share my favorite three posts on social media and in the next linkup 🙂 .
1.) Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
2.) Comment on three other blog posts in the linkup
3.) Share your post with the hashtag #KeepingTheGood on social media