I decided this would be a great time to wrap up our time this year as well as sharing the 31 things from this month that kept the good in December for me!
This year has been busy, emotional, full, and sweet. I relaunched my blog back in July and started up the #KeepingTheGood linkup as a reminder to see, remember, and write about the nice things in life that can be easily overlooked.
We visited Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia, DC, Maryland, Florida and have now been married for 5 years!! I finished up my fourth semester straight of grad school with an overall GPA of 3.97, taught the ESL class of my dreams, and met my childhood penpal from Finland. I opened up about anxieties I have, weight loss goals I have for the future (and will definitely be needing to work towards after this holiday!), and I began really grieving my sister’s passing. Devin had a surgery, we did a fast on restaurant spending for financial reasons, Devin was promoted at work and we had two sets of parents visit us in Georgia!
We’ve been celebrating Christmas and New Years in DC with dear friends and it was really the perfect way to wrap up the year. I hope you share some of the goodies you’ve had throughout the year and month in the linkup below!
- Having friends to stay late on campus with to finish paper and projects
- Finding out how delicious stroopwaffles are!
- Finishing and surviving finals
- Enjoying this sweet sign my students surprised me with
- Putting up our Christmas tree in the nick of time!
- Enjoying the oddly warm weather in Georgia for this time of the year
- Finding out my GPA didn’t change this semester!
- Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary!
- Having a fun anniversary night out and getting treated by Marriott
- Seeing this hilarious street art on the way to meet friends for cocoa
- Visiting DC
- Seeing Micah and Dave for the first time in years!
- Meeting their very cute children
- Seeing their kiddos open up their Christmas presents!
- Laughing hysterically when I found out my husband bought me sea monkeys
- Acting out the Christmas story
- Meeting up with my cousin in DC
- Meeting a blogging friend of a few years
- Seeing friends of Devin’s from high school again- Tyson and Brianna
- Seeing more museums in a week than I literally thought was possible
- Eating pavlova and chocolate royale for the first time!
- Seeing the gorgeous LDS temple in DC
- Being able to spend so much time with Devin after a semester of him traveling so much
- Board games until 3 am every night for practically a week
- Being won over by 1 and 2 year olds who give cute, but sloppy kisses and have the vocabulary of 4 year olds
- Extending our vacation a few days longer
- Remembering the fun little things for our wedding celebration 5 years ago
- Hearing talks in church about all of the things I needed
- Being inspired by uplifting and fabulous friends
- Celebrating our New Years in DC!
- Making goals for 2016!
What is something that you are happy happened in this year/December for you?
- Add any post from the month that expresses any gratitude, happiness, or positivity you experienced; it can be in a list format like mine or any other format as long as it is uplifting!
- Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
- Share your post with the hashtag #KeepingTheGood on social media. If you tag me on twitter, I will be happy to re-tweet!