This post includes affiliate links which help support Stay gold Autumn.
Every month I find a gamut of things that I want to share from blog posts to recipes I tried. However, until now, I’ve never shared them on my blog. I really enjoy reading favorite posts from other bloggers because it helps me understand what they are interested in and more about they things they enjoy aesthetically. I hope through these you’re able to get to know me just a little bit better! 🙂
FAVORITE BLOG POSTS
- My friend Paige collaborates on a food blog and recently shared this doughnut recipe!! I tried them and they were really amazing!
- I am a plant lover so I loved this post by Dandelion Pie about how to take care of an orchid without killing it. I’ve always been weary of buying orchids because I was worried I would kill it. Looks like it is easier than I thought!
- I loved this post by Allison Fallon about helping yourself with anxiety by finding yourself. It sparked a really interesting conversation on my personal facebook page. While I understand that some people have disordered thinking and this may sound like mumbo jumbo, the tips she includes are the very things I do outside of therapy + medication to manage my anxiety disorder.
- I found Sallie’s blog via a competition she was in that a friend was also in. I think she is adorable and I have been strongly coveting her little suburban backyard chicken fest. The county where we live does not allow chickens because of zoning laws….wah wah wahhhh!
- I have followed Margaret’s blog for many years. Her photos are always beautiful, but I loved how she expressed her feelings behind why she blogs. I’ve had similar feelings before and I always love when people open up with why they do!
My friend Jenna is starting to publish videos of her singing on Youtube. She is really talented and I can’t wait to see what she ends up putting next!!
My favorite book from this month was Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson. I am seeing that the author wrote a few more books since I checked last and I want to read those as well- all of the books I’ve read from her have been amazing!! I can tell from the books I am reading for next month that I might possibly have a few favorites for March though :)!
We have spent the last few years doing nothing but saving since we bought a house and I have been in grad school. When we did have money, I had to buy clothing that would double for work and casual stuff because we had financial goals we were working towards. Now that I am graduating soon debt free (more on that later), I want to start trying to build up a wardrobe again. Devin’s request is that I buy some t-shirts. Lucky for me, I married a “I love pony tails, no make up and t-shirts on girls” kind of guy. I bought these items this month and I have been loving them!
I gave Devin one specification for Valentine’s day and it was: I don’t care if we go to McDonald’s, I just want it to be a place we haven’t been to before. We ended up going to Buckhead Diner for our Valentine’s date because we had a gift card. We had macaroni and cheese tater tots for our apetizers, for our main course I had crab cakes and Devin had a steak, and then Devin wouldn’t share dessert so he ended up with banana cream pie and I ended up with chocolate cake. The food was really good, but the price + distance will definitely keep us from being regulars.