I loved reading over everyone’s goals in the first #MonthlyGold linkup posting last month! I felt super inspired by the goals y’all set and I knew I was ready to tackle the month and be accountable through these posts. I’ll totally admit I thought I would get a lot more done this month, but it was the first month of the semester + my new class I’m teaching so we’ll say it is just a grace period ;). You are welcome to add any post that talks about a goal you are setting, a goal you completed, 101 in 1001 goals, or monthly goals in the linkup below!
As far as January has gone, it has been a great month for setting up habits! My grad school schedule has been MUCH kinder to me this semester and my whole life doesn’t revolve around rush hour. I’ve been sleeping until about 7-8 and I have a regular schedule down which I haven’t had in a while. I’ve eaten breakfast every morning and I’ve been really productive on the days when I am not on-campus around the house. It turns out sleep does wonders! All around? I’m really proud of me!
How did I do on my January goals?
Buy a paper planner and use it
Yes and yes! The pretty blue book in those photos is totally it!
- Do at least a 45 minute workout video/gym visit 10 times
Wah wah wahhhh. I majorly put this one off. I ended up doing this only twice.
Read/listen to 31 church talks/ lessons in my personal study
31/31 read and I definitely have some new favorites! I decided to include Sunday school lessons I read in this section too because I’m really having to study those too and it is substantial reading that I am learning from!
Read 31+ chapters of scriptures
I ended up reading 31. Yay for developing good habits again! What I especially liked about this is in the past I would have said: “read everyday” but I would have felt very self-defeated after I missed one day. This way I read everything, but on the days where I missed 1-2 days I didn’t quit.
- Go to the temple once
The temple was closed for cleaning when I had planned on going.
- Post 3 recipes on the blog
Wah wah wahh…not even close! I didn’t do a ton of cooking this month, but definitely next month!
Host a belated wedding party for Caitlyn
We had to reschedule due to weather concerns an because the kitchen staff at the restaurant were going to be there a hour later. However, we rescheduled it next month and I helped throw a baby shower with the help of some people from church so I will give it to myself.
Write 5 thank you cards
5/5 cards written and sent as well as a birthday card for a family member.
Get a haircut
Yes, and she did an amazing job!!
- Go on 2 hikes
I went on a hike with a friend!
I don’t have as many goals this month as I did last month, but I ended up combining the spiritual goals just because I want that to be my monthly minimum in that category every month. As far as the other goals go though, I didn’t write down as many goals because I think the ones I chose are pretty time consuming for me. I’m hoping to enjoy get our bedroom and guest bedrooms organized (because those are kind of the junk collectors of our house).
Reviewing goals from February:
- Read 29 church talks/lessons in my personal study, 29 chapters of scripture, and go to the temple once
- Finish the reflections and professional developments for my graduation portfolio
- Pick a project/paper for my final paper and begin revising
- Clean/organize/purge/improve the house 5 hours a week
- Keep under my net calorie goal on MyFitnessPal for a whole month
- Get to church 5 minutes before church begins every week
What is a goal you have for February?
- Add your goal posts to the linkup: it could be your goals for the year, 101 in 1001 goals, monthly goals, or just a post that talks about a goal you have completed!
- Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
- Share your post with the hashtag #MonthlyGold on social media.
- Comment on 3 other blog posts that are linked up!