I like food with some kick and I love any food that reminds me of growing up.
Growing up, I always looked forward to Sunday because I wanted to know what my Mom or Dad would cook for dinner! After moving out of the house and to college, I always remembered this slow cooker beef peperoncini recipe with golden Greek peperoncinis because it was one of my favorites. I was so excited to make this recipe to see if Devin would like it, but also if it was as good as I had remembered 😉 . I was even happier when I realized it only had four ingredients to make- five if you count the slider buns.
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 packet of Au Jus
- 1 jar of Mezzetta Peperoncini
- 1 beef roast (we pick the cheapest one with marbling)
- 2 packets of slider buns
- Place the thawed roast in the crockpot.
- Place the chopped onion on top of the roast.
- Dump the whole jar, including juice, of Mezzetta Peperoncinis and the packet of Au Jus in the crockpot.
- Cook 7-8 hours on low. When finished, shred the meet with a fork.
- Serve the shredded beef on slider buns and serve fresh!
I ended up making this beef peperoncini recipe for my Mom’s family reunion. It was a huge hit and just as yummy as I remembered it! I’m happily going to be repeating this one again now for us. I love being able to remember through food. I totally felt like I was sitting at my childhood dinner table making faces at my sister during the prayer.