I love how new years give new beginnings. One of my favorite parts of this is picking a word of the year to own and goal orient myself with. This past year has been about digging deep and building a foundation, but I want this year to be about building on my dreams.
On the list of random things that I study, I enjoy studying the symbolism of different plants and trees. So, when I found this scripture in Psalms 92:12, I really wondered what the symbolism was behind the trees used.
The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Palm trees were anciently associated with immortality, victory, and triumph, but are common and have a shallow root system. However, I loved the symbolism when I learned more about the cedars of Lebanon. These cedars only grow at high altitudes, bore down roots into the rocks 30 feet for every 10 feet they grow above ground, and are resistant to decay.
I absolutely loved the symbolism behind this scripture and quickly chose flourish as my word of the year. I really want to put spiritual goals first this year and I want to see my progress just like I have this year.
This year, I want to flourish.
- I want to rekindle my love for the scriptures and have God’s love more in my life.
- I want to invest more in my physical health.
- I want to get into a better routine with being a homemaker.
- I want to see myself serve Devin’s needs better.
- I want to continue loving my ESL job and improving there.
- I want to read and learn.
- I want to keep making progress with what I started last year 🙂 .
There are so many things I want to work hard on and see myself flourish with in 2017. However, I am confident that by putting my relationship with God in place that I will receive the guidance that I need to improve.