I can’t believe that January is already over! Why is my life going by so quickly and how do I make it sllllow down!? I’ve seen a lot of blogggers combine their monthly recap with their goal posts. I think that seems like an appropriate juncture for me because I always struggle to feel like I have enough material for both posts. Let’s try this out to see if I can light on this as a solution 😉 . If you’d like to post your recap or goal post in ttehe linkup, just scroll down all the way to the bottom.
- I was able to see one of my favorite bloggers- Sallie!
- One of my English students is a hair dresser and offered to give me a haircut. She did a fabulous job and put two different hair treatments for hair loss on me. I have never felt more loved as a teacher than I have teaching ESL.
- I’ve been trying out two different programs that I’m going to eventually share on the blog. I’ve had an awesome experience with both (Dressing Your Truth + 21 Day Fix).
- Holy autoimmune flare ups since November. I’ve felt like I was sore like I’ve had the flu for months and I noticed I wasn’t having new hair growth. My Doctor re-did my labs and my thyroid is worse than it was before I started medicine. Happy to get this resolved quickly.
- This immigration and ban stuff. I’ve got opinions.
MY FAVORITE READS AROUND THE WEB
- Loved this article about how doing one creative thing everyday makes you happier! Agreed.
- Is Netflix ruining your life? I see so many tell me they don’t have time for ____ , but then they tell me about their Netflix binges. Priorities, people. I cut out Netflix while I was in grad school so I could read for leisure. It was more than worth it.
- These photos are the most magical snow photographs I have ever seen.
- I love how Rachel talks about the beauty of a bad year. It is totally true when she says you are never alone.
- This is one of my favorite posts that I have ever read about abandonment. Maybe you weren’t adopted and can’t relate to that aspect of what she writes about, but I promise there will be a part of what she writes that touches your soul.
Reviewing goals from January:
Read scriptures, church talks, or lessons for 31 days straight
I didn’t do it straight, but I have had the most consistent schedule I’ve ever had. I’ve found that I really like my app to read scriptures to me while I read them. I’m going to count it. I also went to the temple twice.
- Exercise 6 days a week for 30 minutes
Ha, nope, but I did lose 6 pounds and I am still losing.
- Finish my posts from Mexico
- Finish my DC road trip post
- Write 3 of my posts from Europe
- Clean and purge our house
I’ve started and I’ve been coming up with a better system to do so.
- Read 4 books
I read 3…. so close!
Complete all of my stock photos for the blog for the yearI took photos for my goals and book posts for the year 🙂 !
- Sell 10+ candles
I sold 3 candles. Admittedly though, I’ve been having a hard time getting the candles to set with the weather going from in the high 70s and then being super cold the next day. Because of this, I haven’t been promoting very much until I can build up more inventory.
Collaborate with 2 instagrammers with my candles
I actually didn’t contact anyone on this, but instead, I had two instagrammers contact me. I’m working with them in future months when my inventory is built up.
Goals for February:
- Read scriptures, church talks, or lessons for 31 days straight
- Go to the temple twice
- Lose 5+ pounds
- Finish 3 of any of the following posts: DC, Europe, Mexico
- Continue cleaning and purging our house
- Read 4 books
- Continue updating my Pinterest images in the blog- the new ones are cute!
- Build up an inventory of 20+ candles
What were some high and lows for you in January? What is a goal you have for February?
LINKUP + RULES
- Add your goal posts to the linkup: it could be your goals for the year, 101 in 1001 goals, monthly goals, or just a post that talks about a goal you have completed!
- Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
- Comment on 3 other blog posts that are linked up!