Affiliate links are used in the post for the Instant Pot. Purchasing items from my affiliate links means I may make money off of sales commissioned through them at no additional cost to you.
This post is all about my new found love for Instant Pots! I’m also sharing my yummy instant pot beef stew recipe that usually takes 4 to 6 hours in a slow cooker; the same recipe only took 35 minutes in my Instant Pot!! Can you believe that? Because I just made it and I’m still having a hard time believing it.
I have been seeing Instant Pots on the internet for a while and I’ve been really curious from the sidelines. I absolutely love my slow cooker, but I also don’t like having to smell my food all day and then eat it sometimes up to 8 hours later. I’ve been a little skeptical about Instant Pots and how amazing they could be, but I decided to pull the trigger and buy one last week off of Amazon. Somewhere between then and now I have found myself down the rabbit hole of a million different recipes and reading lots of tips. While I was waiting for my now beloved IP to get in the mail, the amount of obsession kept growing and growing to the point that Devin politely told me that he really needed a break from talking about a pressure cooker (I’m dead serious).
Now I can say that for the two days I have had my Instant Pot… I have made two completely different meals! Both recipes were extremely time intensive and took up the majority of my day before. I love that I can save a lot of time by using one of these and I know you’ll enjoy this yummy Instant Pot beef stew recipe below! Something else I love? It sautes, pressure cooks, slow cooks, and cooks rice among many other things; I’m a huge fan because we have limited space in our 1960s kitchen and I really like having the ability of retiring several items.
- 2 pounds of beef stew, cut into small squares
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion chopped
- Additional seasoning as needed
- DRY INGREDIENTS FOR MEAT
- 1/4th cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare vegetables by chopping, dicing, and slicing.
- Place prepared vegetables in the Instant Pot.
- Place broth in the instant pot.
- Prepare the meat by making 1 inch cuts.
- Find a large bowl and mix all of the dry ingredients for meat together.
- Take your hands and coat all of the meat with the dry ingredients. If there is excess dry ingredients, work the meat into it more.
- After all of the meat is coated, place it in the Instant Pot.
- If you have the same Instant Pot as me, click Stew and this will put the pressure cooking setting on the "Low" setting for 35 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot release on its own and serve fresh!
- Take the bay leaf out when found.
- You can include more dry ingredients if needed for a larger meat amount. For example, my beef stew package was 2.5 pounds.
- Add additional seasoning as needed.