This post includes affiliate links which help support Stay gold Autumn.
I am not a summer person at all. As soon as it starts to cool off here, I am guilty of pulling out all of our fall decor and making ALL the savory recipes. We’ll call this savory instant pot carrot soup a summery transition into fall because it tastes like a butter nut squash soup, but you don’t have to worry about trying to find fall season squashes to make it!
We bought too many carrots recently and I realized I should have used them yesterday. We’ve been stuck inside with the possibility of being impacted by hurricane Irma in the Atlanta metro and so I decided to get creative. I’m always trying to come up with recipes for my instant pot and I run out of ideas quickly to cook carrots. This recipe ended up being a win win creation that I will make more often.
ITEMS USED TO MAKE RECIPE
This recipe included kitchen basics like a cutting board and knife, but needed little else. These are my suggestions below for other items I used though.
- Instant Pot
This is my favorite kitchen appliance because I can make foods so quickly now! I used to make a similar recipe with sweet potatoes in my crockpot in 4 hours, but this one only took under 30 minutes!
- Ninja Kitchen System
I don’t have a fancy food processor or a kitchen aid stand mixer. I honestly use my Ninja blender for everything from making smoothies, mixing cookie dough, and as a food processor. After two years of constant use, my seal on one of my food processor option has trouble sealing, but I actually found it easier to just use the main blender option to process this since it has a bigger container.
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 pound of carrots, chopped
- 1.5 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and sriracha sauce for garnish/ additional flavor
- Chop onions, carrots, and bacon.
- In your Instant Pot, saute onions until clear in 1 table spoon of butter and then cook bacon until finished.
- Place chopped carrots, brown sugar, and coconut milk into the Instant Pot and put it on the soup function on high for 10 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot release on its own.
- Carefully pour contents into your blender/ food processor. Serve hot and garnish with Parmesan cheese and sriracha sauce for additional flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe makes 3-4 bowls worth of soup.
Devin isn’t a puréed food kind of person and said it looked like baby food, but I promise it does not taste like it 😉 . I could eat puréed food and soup all day everyday and be perfectly fine.