This post includes affiliate links which help support Stay gold Autumn.
I’m excited to share what I’m currently doing in October. We’re going to be in Ireland in this post and you can easily read the excitement as literally almost everything revolves around that fact 😅 . I’ve always dreamed of going to Ireland and THIS IS SO HAPPENING. As always, I’m linking up with Anne in Residence.
This month I am currently…
- I bought this cute shirt from Modcloth on mega sale! Georgia is pretty warm most of the year so I end up buying spring/summer clothing all year round and layering them when it is cooler. I love the colors too- I’m trying to buy clothing that isn’t so dark and has more color.
- I found these cute Cougar Boots for Ireland. I don’t have many shoes and I love how these lace up. These are waterproof and will be cute with some tights for church. I’m in nursery now and I need some sturdy shoes for playing at church 🙂 . I had two pairs of boots I loved all through college, but it is too hot in Georgia for full boots. I’m realizing booties are really kind of perfect for here though.
- I have been debating between these black slip ons for gray slip ons so I ordered both to see. I ended up preferring the black slip ons because my rain jacket is black. I realized that when we go hiking in Ireland in potentially muddy areas, I want shoes that will be water proof + easy to clean. I’m kind of asking myself why I didn’t buy these for myself in grad school? Having water logged shoes all day without arch support was awesome. 😂
- I bought this great bluetooth keyboard for my cell phone. We only take carry on backpacks since we bought our Osprey packs which means we really don’t feel like hauling around heavy laptops! I love how small this keyboard folds up, how it easily fits into my purse, and I’m really looking forward to using it for writing blog posts or travel notes in the future. We’ve been talking about getting me one of these for a long time and they were a lot more affordable than we were thinking they would be!
- We purchased sets of silicon rings to wear while exercising, traveling, and life. We’re in love! I’ve thought it was really cute to see how often Devin likes to switch his out to make them match his outfit; I find it both surprising and endearing.
- Devin is still researching his shoes and bag he is taking to Europe, but he has come up with several very good candidates 🙂 .
I haven’t been reading a lot here lately, BUT I shared my favorite podcasts on the blog recently and I highly recommend them!
I have just been putting different outfits together to see how I can get the most versatility out of the clothing we pack in our backpacks. I’ve been practicing by wearing different outfits. Can you tell everything is about preparing to go to Ireland right now? It totally is.
We’re saving money by researching a lot of lodging for Ireland. We finally have all of our places we’re staying figured out and booked! We ended up finding a place that was several hundreds of dollars cheaper to book in Dublin. Devin and I will be sleeping on a sofa bed for a week, but it is impressive how cheaply we’ve been able to find all of our lodging for six people.
I’ve been searching for FALL. It is still almost 80-90 degrees here most days, but we’ll pretend that it isn’t. BRING ME THE COOLER WEATHER.
I have been picking up our house and organizing everything. I think it is about time that I go through and purge some stuff again.
I have been cooking a lot and being pretty adventurous in the kitchen with my Instant Pot. I cooked a huge thing of chicken that we’ve now used on pizza, in tacos, and in enchiladas; the recipe is so easy that I’ll have to share it soon!